Add Non-Immediate Family Member to DEERS

  1. Please use the DFAS website to begin the process and read the definition of Secondary Dependency:
    Defense Finance and Accounting Service > MilitaryMembers > SecondaryDependency > SDC (
  2. Select “Secondary Dependency” on the left of the page and select your branch.
  3. The following page will have the documents needed to initiate the process.
  4. Once the process is complete, please bring completed documentation from DFAS to the DEERS office along with the SSN card, birth certificate and one form of picture ID (if 18 or older).