Adding/Removing Dependent

  1. To add a spouse to your record, please ensure your dependent brings in the following items:
    • Marriage Certificate
    • SSN Card (if name change will happen, SSN will need to have new last name)
    • Birth Certificate
    • One Valid form of ID like a driver’s license (if name change will occur, ID must have new last name)
  2. To add a newborn, please ensure you bring in the following items:
    • Birth certificate/Proof of Birth
    • SSN card (if available). If the SSN card isn’t available, ensure the card is brought into a DEERS office once received for update. Failure to accomplish this can result in benefits being dropped from the record
  3. To remove a dependent from your record, please ensure you bring in the following:
    • Divorce decree signed/stamped from the court